AP World Record Summer Job
In order to plan for AP Universe History, you are to read the non-fiction book A History on the planet in 6 Glasses. You will write brief answers into a number of inquiries that will be completed the first day of school.
Subject: A History worldwide in 6th Glasses
Author: Tom Standage
Paperback: 274 pages
Publisher: Walker Publishing Firm
ISBN: 13 978-0-8027-1552-4
Summary of Book:
" 6 Glasses” is a book that usually takes an innovative method to world background. The author examines the development of universe civilization through the prism in the beverages that people drank in numerous time periods. They are (in chronological order): beverage, wine, spirits, coffee, tea, and Coca-Cola. The use of this guide as a summer time reading project in no way symbolizes any recommendation by the instructor of the work with or improper use of these beverages, alcoholic, caffeinated or. The book merely provides an innovative and (hopefully) interesting perspective to initiate each of our semester very long discussion of globe history. Each of our purpose in reading the book is to get a sense of just how civilizations and cultures develop and how several forces (political, technological, economic, social, spiritual, cultural, ecological) all influence even the many mundane areas of people's daily lives.
Expectations for Brief Answers:
Each answer should be about one to two paragraphs long.
Start each solution with a sentence or two that express your main idea(s). Believe in terms of patterns or topics. The idea(s) must be very clear, logical, and argumentative (can be maintained evidence from your book). Give specific data (examples) in the book which will support concepts expressed at the start of your short answer. Whether it be a direct offer from the publication or a research (paraphrase), indicate the page in parenthesis. Your answers should be done in complete paragraphs with no or minimal sentence structure and sentence structure mistakes.
" 6 Glasses” Questions
1 . Sow how does15404 beer have got influenced the transition coming from hunting and gathering to agricultural primarily based societies?
2 . What chances associated with wine drinking would men have in ancient Portugal that women would not?
3. Why was wine used as a practice drink in Christianity, yet Islam prohibited the use of alcohol?
4. Browse the following estimate from the publication. Do you acknowledge? Why or perhaps why not? (Support your disagreement with specific examples. It is not enough to express " yes, I agree' or " no, I do not. ”)
" Unadulterated drinks, together with firearms and infectious illnesses, helped to reshape today's world by helping the occupants of the Aged World to determine themselves while rulers in the New World. ” (p. 129)
5. Identify coffee's influence on the balance of power between various regions of the world.
6. So why was tea important to China's economy as well as its relationship to countries?
7. Just how did tea change record in India?
almost eight. How do Coca-Cola become the world's best product? How can Coca-Cola affect, and how could it be affected by, people's views of the United States?
9. Of the six the author examines, which beverage do you think features played the most significant role of all time? Defend your selection. What drinks have been left out of this book that might have experienced an effect on society?
15. What do you believe is the beverage for the next era in history? (Do you accept the author's choice inside the epilogue? ) Defend your selection.
Description of AP Community History Training course Themes
The five program themes under present regions of historical request that should be investigated at different points through the entire course and revisited while manifested especially historical improvements over time. These kinds of themes articulate at a broad level the main ideas which might be developed over the entire duration of the training course. Each motif includes a set of related essential topics as well as...